Forget about the rumuors, Nigeria Can't be Islamised - VP, Osinbajo
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday revealed the real reasons why Nigeria as a country can't be islamised.
According to the Vice President, rumour making the rounds about plans to make Islam the official religion of Nigeria were unfounded as the country “can’s be Islamised”.
He emphasised that it was impossible to Islamise the country given the 1999 Constitution that forbids state religion.
He urged religious bodies to channel their energies towards proffering solutions to the numerous challenges facing the country.
The vice president also challenged Nigerian youths to wake up from slumber and take advantage of abundant opportunities in ICT, agriculture and other sectors.
Noting that the opportunities were far much more now than they were in the past, Osinbajo harped on the need for young people to take responsibility for their future and be creative.
Expressing appreciation to SCM for the honour, the vice president solicited the organisation’s assistance in disseminating factual information about the Federal Government’s policies and programmes.
Earlier, the National President of SCM, Rev, Eric Ighalo, commended the government for its social interventions such as the N-Power initiative and the conditional transfer scheme.
Ighalo expressed the willingness of the body to partner with government in several areas including serving as government ambassadors in their constituencies.
- BIAFRA: 'Release Nnamdi Kanu now' - Ekweremadu tells Buhari
- Biafra Group Launches 'Operation Python Cry', Releases Shocking Statement (READ)
- International Human Rights Others Set To Monitor Nnamdi Kalu's Case (SEE HOW)
- IPOB: 'We'll die with President Muhammadu Buhari if he visits Enugu December 22'
- BIAFRA: EU Task Buhari to Investigate Killings of IPOB members
- Ex-Senate President, David Mark Speaks On BIAFRA (READ)