BIAFRA: I Regrets Handling Nnamdi Kanu's Case - Justice Binta Nyako Cries Out
|L-R: Justice Binta Nyako and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu|
Recall that Kanu was arraigned today at the Abuja High Court.
Following his arraignment, journalists and family members of Kanu were barred from gaining access into the court premises as the secret trial began.
Also, a combined team of fully armed DSS, Mobile Police, and Prisons personnel, tanks and trained dogs was deployed during the hearing.
Irked by the excessive profiling by security agencies, Justice Nyako warned the security agencies against the use of excessive force in handling of the defendants whenever they receive visitors or appear in court.
According to her, " I regret involving myself in this case, there is nothing special about these four persons. I am sending a message to the Attorney General of the Federation through the state counsel," the judge said.
Meanwhile, defence counsels Ifeanyi Ejiofor, and Maxwel Opara has filed a preliminary objection challenging the charges filed against the four persons.
The court adjourned to Thursday, 12th January 2017.
- BIAFRA: 'Release Nnamdi Kanu now' - Ekweremadu tells Buhari
- Biafra Group Launches 'Operation Python Cry', Releases Shocking Statement (READ)
- International Human Rights Others Set To Monitor Nnamdi Kalu's Case (SEE HOW)
- IPOB: 'We'll die with President Muhammadu Buhari if he visits Enugu December 22'
- BIAFRA: EU Task Buhari to Investigate Killings of IPOB members
- Ex-Senate President, David Mark Speaks On BIAFRA (READ)
- BIAFRA: I Regrets Handling Nnamdi Kanu's Case - Justice Binta Nyako Cries Out