Aba News

[Aba News][bsummary]

South East

[South East Region][bsummary]

BIAFRA NEWS

[Biafra][horlab]

How Generator wire electrocutes church member In Umuahia


There was confusion at a new generation church identified as Dominion Grace Christian Centre at Mgbaja Ossah in Umuahia North LGA of Abia State when one of its members was reportedly electrocuted in the church premises while the Sunday service was going on.

Chinweotito Ehiogu
An eyewitness, who narrated the whole story, said the ugly incident happened when the deceased identified as Chinweotito Ehiogu attempted to rescue another member of the church, Chidiebere, who was allegedly trapped by an unclad wire connected to the church’s generator.

The source said the victims were immediately taken to an undisclosed hospital, where Chinweotito was confirmed dead, while Chidiebere was revived.

He added that the remains of the victim was later brought back to the church for series of prayers.



Also reacting, General Overseer of the church, Pastor Simeon Chibuzor, who confirmed the incident, however described it as unfortunate.

He said, “The two people involved are my church members. The first person was asked to put off the generator, but he was trapped in the process.

“When he started shouting, Chinweotito rushed to rescue him and got electrocuted too. We got attracted and came around and separated them and took them to the hospital.

“When the first hospital was delaying treatment, we took them to another hospital where one of them was revived. He is still receiving treatment now, but unfortunately Chinweotito could not make it. It is a painful thing indeed.”

When contacted, the State Police Public Relation Officer ASP

Ogbonaya Nta, said the incident had yet to be reported to the State Police Command.

No comments:

videos

[video][video]

Tech & Startup

[Startup][horlab]

Entertainment

[entertainment][horlab]